Choose Your Kingdom
by Edwin M. Cotto
NOTE: This sermon is geared towards the youth and it is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation. While the outline is free, we do ask for a donation of your choice. If you would like this PowerPoint, donate by clicking here and leave a comment saying “For Choose Your Kingdom PowerPoint” with your email information. Contact us if you have any questions. Contact us if you’d like that PowerPoint.
INTRODUCTION: Illustration: Have you ever had a dream before? Amazing Facts about Dreams: Blind people can dream. HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHAT A DREAM MEANT?
BODY: King Nebuchadnezzar had a dream. No one could describe his dream and also interpret the dream except Daniel.
SECTION 1: Metal Image. See: Daniel 2:36-38.
- Interpretation: These are KINGDOMS, see verses 36-40.
- From this we see that each metal represents a Kingdom.
- There are four parts to the Image.
- The BEASTS of Daniel 7: Lion, Bear, Leopard, Terrible Beast
- Parallel Between Daniel 2 and Daniel 7:
|DANIEL 2||DANIEL 7|
|There are FOUR parts||There are FOUR beasts|
|Each succeeding kingdom conquers the previous one!||Each succeeding beast conquers the previous one!|
|Each metal is a kingdom which means there are multitudes of people!||Each beast rises up out of the “sea” (Dan. 7:2) which means “multitude of people” (see Rev. 17:15)|
|The fourth metal “breaks in pieces” (Dan. 2:40)||The fourth beast also “breaks in pieces” (Daniel 7:7)|
|The fourth metal is made of IRON.||The fourth beast has IRON teeth (Dan. 7:7)|
|The “fourth” part has TEN toes||The “fourth” beast has TEN horns (Dan. 7:7)|
SECTION 2: What do each represent?
- The Head / Lion = BABYLON (Daniel 2:38)
- The Chest and Arms / Bear = Medo-Persia (Daniel 5:24-31)
- The Belly and Thighs / Leopard = Greece (Daniel 8:20-21)
- The Legs / Terrible Beast = Rome (Luke 2:1)
SECTION 3: Proof of Inspiration
- According to the Encyclopedia, the Book of Daniel was likely written between 540 and 530 B.C., during the Babylonian Kingdom.
- If these prophecies came true then the Bible is legitimate!
- If these prophecies came true that the one about Jesus dying FOR YOU came true as well!
SECTION 4: The Stone is the Final Kingdom
- Read: Daniel 2:44; compare: Revelation 11:15.
- TO HIDE THE TRUTH, Satan raised religions in 6th Century as well: Jainism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Pythagoreanism, Confucianism.
- QUESTION: If all these prophecies came true, that means the one of Jesus returning will come true as well.
WILL YOU BE READY WHEN THAT HAPPENS?
- The Millennium: Revelation 20:5-6
SECTION 5: What Kingdom will you want to be in at this moment? Great Controversy, page 669. APPEAL: Acts 2:38-40.